Thursday, June 10, 2010

They'll call me Freedom... Just like a Wavin' Flag



Freedom is a petrifying thing. It stuns both the master and the slave: for the master realizes his loss of power, and as power is the biggest stimulant, he goes morose; while the slave, suppressed for a time, realizes his power, which comes into him as a flooding tidal wave. Both are stunned beyond their capacities, and for sometime they loose their sense.

Tell it to the slaves of America, who gained their freedom after an almost-dividing war! They gained their freedom, and they were overjoyed. But their masters too must be thought after. I always wonder what they faced, and how their over passing presence withers to equity.

Don't think that I support slavery, in fact I abhor how two humans can be treated inferior or superior to each other. I cannot fathom it; I cannot understand it, and that is why do not know those who have thought so, and kept slaves; treating the son of the Eternal Hand as an inferior! Phooey!

Africa is too under this, but it has a new face. Ages of depression has put the Golden Continent into a dark phase, with parasitic terror eating it up from its inside. Gone are the days when a farmer there would suffice to have a flock and a piece of land. That continent though, as recorded in History, has been nothing less than wonderful. It needs a face lift. Now is the time, it is beginning to roll, and I know it will gain momentum.
football clearly marks Africa's progress. Not only is it Africa's favourite game, it has some of Football's best players. Didier Drogba and Samuel Eto'o are Africa's shining lights. They, and other players, from a formidable squad.

I thank FIFA for confiding in Africa for being the host continent. I am sure, it is not only the South Africans who feel proud of the World Cup being hosted in Africa.
On my Blog, I shall follow the World Cup, occasionally providing you the information on the teams, tactics and fans. We will follow Zakumi, wherever she goes.

And when the carnival of the beautiful game summits to its zenith, Africa would truly become free from its vices. Football is not only a game, it is a way of life.

So LET US SING:

When I get Older, I will be Stronger....
They'll call me Freedom just like a wavin' flag!
thanks to K'naan for his fantastic song.

No comments:

Post a Comment